Elderberry Jelly Muffins
These muffins are both delicious and easy to make, and are a great use for those very ripe bananas you have sitting on your counter. Total time involved is about 35 minutes, cooking time is 15 to 20 minutes.
Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
1/3 C coconut or vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas
1/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Making Your Banana and Elderberry Jelly Muffins:
1. Grease 12 medium sized muffin cups.
2. Mix together egg, vegetable oil, bananas, milk and vanilla with a fork, mashing the bananas well.
3. Add the sugar and mix together until combined
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is equally wet and combined. Don’t over-mix.
5. Spoon the muffin batter into each muffin cup, filling about 2/3 full.
6. Using a teaspoon, make a slight depression in each muffin and fill with one tsp of Elderberry Jelly.
7. Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from muffin cups.
Enjoy your Elderberry Jelly Muffins with tea or hot cocoa!